Riding the CCRTA
All CCRTA buses are accessible to people who use wheelchairs and others with limited mobility and are in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- The Passenger is required to remove all items from the bike that may fall off during the trip on the bike rack.
- The bus Operator is responsible for lowering the bike rack.
- The passenger is required to lift the bike onto the rails and place the bike where indicated.
- The passenger is required to pull the telescoping hook up and over the front wheel of the bicycle.
- The passenger is required to pull the telescoping hook down and remove the bike from the rack.
- The bus Operator is responsible for raising the rack back to its original position.
The bus Operator can offer instruction regarding procedures', but is not permitted to physically assist in the loading, securement, or the unloading of the bicycle.
- Only single seat two- wheel bicycles will fit on the bike racks.
- No bike may be longer than sixty inches or have wheels taller than thirty inches. The bike rack is not equipped to handle either undersized or oversized bikes.
- The CCRTA and associated personnel are not responsible for any loss, theft, or damage to any bicycle or related equipment while on the CCRTA vehicles.
There is limited bike space available.
Inquiry's regarding this policy may be addressed by calling the CCRTA at 1-800-352-7155.Click here to download a PDF file on Bicycle Safety Training.
Pets: service animals are welcome, but pets are not allowed unless in a secure carrier.
Rules for Riding the CCRTA Buses
- Follow the bus driver's instructions.
- No lewd or lascivious behavior.
- No eating.
- No drinking.
- No smoking.
- No vandalism. In the case of vandalism by a minor, parents will be held financially liable.
- No harassing.
- No foul play.
- No profanity.
- No fighting.
- No hazing.
- Voices shall be kept to a low volume.
- Boarding and disembarking shall be conducted in an orderly fashion.
- Seats shall be relinquished to handicapped and wheelchair patrons.
- All hands, feet, arms, legs, and heads shall remain inside the vehicle and within the owners personal space.
- No bulky items such as school projects etc.
- Use of radios, CD players, tape decks, etc. without headphones is prohibited.
- Service Animals are allowed on CCRTA buses during all hours of operation and are to be kept under control at all times. No certification is required, nor is the animal expected to wear a special harness, scarf or other identifying marking.
- Appropriate attire is required while riding on CCRTA buses.
- Any behavior not listed above that is considered inappropriate will not be tolerated.
- Children brought on board in strollers must be securely held in the lap of the adult and the stroller folded and stored out of the aisle.
Any violations of the above rules must be reported to the bus driver. Failure to comply with the above set of rules will result in disciplinary action up to and including suspension of rider privileges.
No eating or drinking is allowed on the CCRTA buses.
Lost and Found
If you may have left personal property on a CCRTA bus, please call 1-800-352-7155. All passenger Lost and Found Items will be held in our South Dennis Office for 30 days.